Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Psychokinesis

I swear - researching these posts is so much fun! I've come across some interesting things out there!

For example, let's take a look at my last homework assignment, The Men Who Stare at Goats. It's a book, movie and TV series about the US military and psychic security measures, all based on an actual program at Fort Bragg, NC. (I knew there were some different people around here.) The spoof on the New Age black op began with a "story about a story of a hoax which is actually a story." Area 51 anyone?

Of course, I'll take any excuse to watch George Clooney... even if he is masquerading as part of a Jedi psychic security team who likes spoon bending parties.

The Psyops Unit uses the principle of psychokinesis, or mental manipulation, to harness the power of the universe. Each person has a biospherical magnetic field (Are they talking about an aura?) which allows a Jedi to use "The Force" for remote viewing (sometimes of the Loch Ness monster).  Invisibility is possible at the highest level (Clooney "eventually settled on finding a way of not being seen").

Some Jedi even practice phasing - turning physical matter to energy (for walking through stuff). In the middle east, they call phasing Tay Al-Ardh or Keramat. Spiritual people like Rumi are credited with the ability. Sounds like good djinn material to me!

The Evil Eye is supposedly a form of psychokinesis too. (I think Barney torture is more sinister.)  All of it ties back to the Third Eye and the chakras of Kundalini.

Think I'm making all this up? Watch this courtesy of the Science Channel:

NB. From now on, links back to my earlier posts will be bolditalic to differentiate between wikipedia, etc.
And thanks again to Tracy Marchini for letting me guest post on her site yesterday. Check it out, if you missed it. She's great and she's agreed to post a Q&A here sometime soon, once I get the Qs in a row!






Thanks to Leigh over at That's Write for the Yo Gabba Gabba Award - which she created for bloggers who write Strangely Irresistible posts.





And thanks to Mara Nash over at Mara Writes for the One Lovely Blog award too!

I'll be passing these on this weekend...since I need a post on Sunday because it will be October and that means NaBloWriMo!


Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

Carolyn V. said...

Men who stare at goats is a book AND a tv series too? I only knew about the movie. It looks so fun!

Congrats on the award!

LTM said...

omg--LOL at that picture! goats.

I rented that movie, but I didn't get to finish it! Now I've got to go get it again... don't tell me!

so did you get a book idea? :o) That goat gives ME an idea... RUN! :D

Jemi Fraser said...

Very cool! :)

Congrats on the awards too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails